5 Tips to Get Your Home Ready to Sell
- De-clutter: Be ruthless about it. Stash it or trash it. Let prospective buyers see your house. Remove all your personal stuff. Your house will look bigger in the process.
- Get it clean and keep it that way: A clean house is the sign of a well-maintained home. Do a thorough cleaning before you put your house on the market and keep it clean while it is listed.
- Plant something: It’s spring, so plant some flowers. Nothing makes a house look better than beds of flowers. It’s easy and fun.
- Spruce up the grounds: Pick up all the dead branches and rake the lawn and garden, collecting the leaves that fell in the fall.
- Spruce up the front door: It is the gateway to your home. Make it look nice. Doors can take a beating, but a fresh coat of paint does wonders. Give it a try.
For more information on listing your home, contact real estate agent Dan Golden of Coldwell Banker Hearthside.